Tuesday, December 20, 2005

WELCOME



Welcome to FauxJewels Blog & Designers of the Week.

I have chosen this particular pin as my logo for many reasons. A few being: It’s outrageous: it’s simple and it has a sense of humour!! Whether you collect by designer or just buy what appeals to you, each one is SPECIAL in its own right and reflects a distinctive design and flare and often a sense of humour.

My rooster is by Hattie Carnegie and it is a rare hard to find piece. Chunky pieces of carved red, black and yellow bakelite are set in antique gold tone base metal. The pin is signed Hattie Carnegie on oval plaque. Circa 1940. 3 ¼” by 2 ½”.

On my website you will find many out of the ordinary items…some will appeal to you while others will not. I have tried to add as much information to my site in regards to biographies of many of the designers, a glossary, a newsletter, patent information and suggested reading or drooling in many cases.

If a piece is in a book or a vintage advertisement, I have tried to reference it.

If you collect vintage costume jewelry and accessories you can learn about collecting and post your wish list here. If you have questions, you may post or ask me about it! To post, find a topic below and add your comments or thoughts. Please add pictures and a way to get in touch! You are welcome to email me if you need a new thread started!

Visit www.leecaplanvintagecollection.com for more info on this piece and more vintage costume jewellery.

Please visit our site Designer of the Week & FauxJewels

1 comment:

terry said...

DEAR LEE; I AM SO GLAD TO HAVE FOUND YOU. I HAVE BEEN SUCH A SCATTERED COLLECTOR OF SO MANY THINGS AS I USED TO HAVE A VINTAGE STORE AND SOLD EVERYTHING FROM FURNITURE TO FRILLS AND IT HAS BEEN SUCH A DETRAMENT TO MY HOUSEHOLD LIFE AS I HAVE A HOUSE FULL OF STUFF. TOO MUCH STUFF, BUT HAVE ALWAYS BEEN INTERESTED IN VINTAGE JEWLERY AND HAVE A SMALL AMOUNT OF COLLECTED PIECES FROM BUYING WHEN I HAD THE STORE FROM 84 TO 94 TO ADDING TO IT WITH THE PASSING OF MY GRANDMOTHER, AND A GREAT CHROME FLAMINGO TO AN AMAZING JEWELLED NECKLACE AND BRACELET AND ALSO ADDING WITH COSTUME PIECES FROM MY PARENTS FRIEND RITA MQUEIN, WHO HAD NO CHILDREN. I HAVE A COLLECTION OF PIECES THAT I CHOSE JUST FROM LIKING THEM NOT FROM KNOWING THEY MIGHT BE WORTH SOMETHING AND LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING TOGETHER WITH YOU TO FIND OUT WHAT THE HISTORY DESIGNER AND LASTLY FRANKLLY THE WORTH OF THEM MAY BE. THANKS LEE YOU HAVE OPENED UP A NEW PASSION FOR ME THAT IS CONTAINABLE IN A SMALL BOX AND I DONT HAVE TO ADD A NEW ROOM ON TO MY HOUSE TO HOLD THEM IN. TERRY